Hi there! I suppose you came here to find out what you should expect to get if you commit to a program that calls itself ‘Insanity’. You’ve come to the right place then since this article details everything you need to know including its benefits, drawbacks, and real user experiences to help you decide whether signing up is wise or the most insane decision you’ll ever make.
What Is Insanity?
Dubbed as the hardest workout put on DVD, this cardiovascular-based regimen could probably be the most difficult workout because of the insanely strenuous pace of each exercise. It is a complete body, circuit training workout which uses your body weight alone for resistance. The system requires a painstaking schedule of six days of exercise every week and each workout takes around 30 to 60 minutes to finish. It promises to deliver phenomenal results in just 60 days.
Who Made Insanity?
The program is developed by renowned American fitness guru, Shaun T. especially for Beachbody – the same company known for the most popular fitness and weight solutions including P90X, Slim in 6, Turbo Jam, and Body Beast among others.
How Does It Work?
Whereas traditional interval training will require you to workout at a highly intense pace for a short period with longer periods of rest in between, the Insanity workout employs Max Interval Training where you will have to work as hard as you can for 3-minute intervals with only short 30-second periods of rest. That means you will be shifting from one exercise to the next with very little to no rest in between. Apparently, your body will be constantly challenged as you move from aerobic to anaerobic intervals performed at your maximum leading you to burn up to 1000 calories in an hour and get staggering results in just 60 days.
You will be changing your workout schedule on a weekly basis during the 60-day course. After your first month with Insanity, you will have a recovery period where your exercises are not as extreme as the others in the program so your body can prepare for the next month where workouts will be harder than before.
The workouts put on DVD include the following:
- Dig Deeper & Fit Test: A 30-minute video that will put your body to the test and see what you’re made of.
- Plyometric Cardio Circuit: 42-minute scorching fats with intervals of intense lower-body plyo and sweat-inducing cardio.
- Cardio Power & Resistance: Makes you build lean muscle and upper-body definition through strength-training and power moves that last for 40 minutes.
- Cardio Recovery: 33-minute easy moves once a week to prepare you for the next workout round.
- Pure Cardio & Abs: Cardio workout at its extreme for 55 minutes.
- Core Cardio & Balance: 37-minute workout that gears you up after your first month of the Insanity workout
- Max Interval Circuit: More intense interval circuit
- Max Interval Plyo: maximum power and plyo moves lasting 55 minutes
- Max Cardio Conditioning & Cardio Abs: Extreme cardio workouts for 65 minutes
- Max Recovery: Intense moves and stretches lasting 47 minutes
Who Can Do Insanity?
The intensity of the program is definitely not designed for the faint of heart. It is intended for people who are dedicated and serious about getting into the best shape. You can easily get distracted or discouraged especially since you will certainly get sore the first few days to the point of making you feel like quitting. Individuals who have been inactive or have not exercised for a long while are recommended to consult a health expert prior to trying the system. It is best suited for people who already exercise regularly and are committed to work even harder.
Unlike many other workout programs requiring you to purchase weights, resistance bands, stability ball, and so on…what you need to do Insanity are your pair of cross training shoes, dedication, and sheer willpower.
- Ideal for fitness enthusiasts. The intensity and challenge of each workout will keep you motivated until you complete the 60 days.
- Little to no chance of getting bored. The variety of exercises that change on a weekly basis will keep you interested.
- No equipment required. You will be using your own body for resistance. No need to purchase weights or any additional equipment.
- Promotes healthy eating. The system includes a nutritional plan helping you to eat right every single day to support your very demanding workout routine.
- Not for everybody. If you have some physical limitations or injury, it may not be suitable for you. If you have not been exercising regularly, it may not be your best option.
- Requires self-discipline and determination. As with any workout regimen, it will be difficult to succeed if you are not committed to pursuing your fitness goal.
- Price. The kit is relatively expensive but the company offers easy payment option and a 60-day money back guarantee
(Continued on Next Page…Real User Reviews + Does It Really Work? + The Best Place To Buy It)
Pages: 1 2